AvalonKing’s IPA Prep Spray is a super-slick solution that eliminates isopropyl alcohol/H2O imbalances, and completely decontaminates hard surfaces. The result is an immaculate surface that is prepped and ready for a layer of Armor Shield IX ceramic coating.
All the surface prep work in the world won’t make a bit of difference on ceramic coating day if your car’s exterior has not been decontaminated with an isopropyl alcohol (IPA) prep spray. Even after a full paint correction and polishing session, millions of microscopic contaminants can be found clinging to the exterior of a vehicle, alongside lint, dust, and polishing compound residue.
By spraying the surfaces you plan on ceramic coating with AvalonKing’s IPA Prep Spray, and then wiping it away with one of our contaminant-snagging microfiber cloths, you can guarantee that your vehicle is as pristine as possible. Oh, and did we mention that it comes in a lovely cherry aroma?
- Proprietary blend of ultra-high-grade isopropyl alcohol and H2O provides the perfect balance between cleanliness and ease of application.
- Lifts and eliminates stubborn residue, surface contaminants, and other forms of invisible filth.
- Blended with a 70% strength isopropyl alcohol to reduce evaporation woes, making full body panel decontamination procedures possible.
- Comes ready-to-use right out the bottle. Just shake, spray, and wipe away!
- Comes in a scrumdiddlyumptious cherry scent.
- Wash your car until it shines like a crazy diamond, or a glittery glove, or some other form of dated pop culture reference… and preferably with AvalonKing’s Ceramic Prep Shampoo of unequivocal amaze-ballness!
- Dry the vehicle with equal parts passion and conviction.
- Spray AvalonKing IPA Prep Spray on one panel at a time, wiping the liquid away before moving on to the next area, thus removing any old chemicals, soaps, or sealants.
- Continue your IPA wipedown (not to be confused with an IBS wipedown) on every area of the vehicle you plan on ceramic coating, including painted and unpainted plastics, glass, headlights, wheels, brake calipers, and more.
- Make sure that your wiping towel remains dry to the touch, swapping in fresh microfiber towels as they become saturated with solution.
- Avoid applying AvalonKing IPA Spray to a hot vehicle (even the hotness in question is a bitchin’ Camaro Iroc Z with double-hump heads), or in direct sunlight, as this will cause the alcohol to evaporate entirely too fast.
ALL THE CARS THAT LOOK BETTER THAN YOURS
Tag us to see your picture featured in our page
I used this before doing several of my vehicles and was impressed at how hell it did the job. Really easy application, paint was ready after two quick applications.
OK I see the product on Professional Monkey (youtube). I'm ready to order. Great!!
I go to website.
Prep spray is out of stock.
Why can't I order the prep spray and kit and you ship when it is all together? Discount expires in 24 hours .....so I lose discount b/c you are out stock?????
Frankly, I have spent waaaaaay too much time on this already.
Pre-booked sales are good, no? SMH
I’m not sure about the complaints with this product. I’ve used it for multiple preps but n different vehicles and it’s pretty darn incredible. It’s the best glass cleaner I’ve ever used too! Haha.
This stuff goes a long ways and I feel confident that the paint, glass, and trim is stripped and clean and ready to coat. I have no issues with residue, if you have residue my guess is either the car isn’t all that clean or you’re using too much.
The cherry blossom smells like barf And the product leaves a residue. No need for that nasty scent.
With so many IPA sprays out there with different formulas & alcohol ratios I was worried I'd buy the wrong grade and mess up applying my ceramic coating.
When AvalonKing announced these sprays I was glad to finally see one recommended specifically for ceramic coatings by a ceramic coating company.
After a clay bar I used the IPA spray. With a full decontamination like that the paint came out smooth just as expected, but the main thing for me is that I know this was made specifically for applying the armor shield coating and that with that there was no risk of me messing it up by using the wrong chemicals.
Highly recommend for anyone wanting to apply Armor Shield, just for that added peace of mind, but can imagine this works great for any DIY ceramic coating or for anyone looking to decontaminate their paint.